Tech to Teaching and The Amazing ViewSonic
Tech to Teaching and The Amazing ViewSonic
This week’s article is brought to you by Dawn Marks who is a writer for the Chino Hills
Champion online newspapers. Okay, maybe I did a quick Google search to make sure that
the article is discussing Chino Hills, California. And…..Bingo! I was right.
Seems like Silicon Valley has rubbed off on the entire state. The technology session,
held by the Chino Valley School District, is the topic of discussion in the article.
Champion online newspapers. Okay, maybe I did a quick Google search to make sure that
the article is discussing Chino Hills, California. And…..Bingo! I was right.
Seems like Silicon Valley has rubbed off on the entire state. The technology session,
held by the Chino Valley School District, is the topic of discussion in the article.
The first sentence of the piece states,
“Technology in the classroom can teach, inspire, and engage students, but it cannot
replace teachers” (Marks, 2018). This is so important to remember in an age where STEM,
computers, devices, programs, Apps, downloads, and other techy words are often uttered by
school administrators (and fair to say most people that have a pulse). The district held a
non-paid conference for administrators and teachers and reported that 192 employees
showed up for the technology information session. Most teachers would like to
implement more technology in their classrooms, but there's one thing most of us have in
common: LACK. OF. TIME. This conference was an excuse to get Excel 101 training, and
even learn about the ViewSonic viewboard that will be piloted in several classrooms this year.
“Technology in the classroom can teach, inspire, and engage students, but it cannot
replace teachers” (Marks, 2018). This is so important to remember in an age where STEM,
computers, devices, programs, Apps, downloads, and other techy words are often uttered by
school administrators (and fair to say most people that have a pulse). The district held a
non-paid conference for administrators and teachers and reported that 192 employees
showed up for the technology information session. Most teachers would like to
implement more technology in their classrooms, but there's one thing most of us have in
common: LACK. OF. TIME. This conference was an excuse to get Excel 101 training, and
even learn about the ViewSonic viewboard that will be piloted in several classrooms this year.
The ViewSonic board deserves a paragraph all to itself. I had some serious tech envy while
reading this article. Wait for it…...a mobile, 75-inch screen with an interactive display that’s
touch activated like an iPad. Oh, and if that’s not cool enough, it also has Google voice
recognition. Just like my simple little white board, it can be written on and erased digitally.
Here’s the coolest part (and I’m not even a science teacher) bugs, trees,
and cells in 3D appear alive on the screen. If you’ve heard of this incredible technology
before, or you have one in your classroom, I apologize for freaking out like I’m at a New Kids
on The Block concert, but this is amazing. Here is the link: ViewSonic
This tool is fantastic for all students and all learning levels.
reading this article. Wait for it…...a mobile, 75-inch screen with an interactive display that’s
touch activated like an iPad. Oh, and if that’s not cool enough, it also has Google voice
recognition. Just like my simple little white board, it can be written on and erased digitally.
Here’s the coolest part (and I’m not even a science teacher) bugs, trees,
and cells in 3D appear alive on the screen. If you’ve heard of this incredible technology
before, or you have one in your classroom, I apologize for freaking out like I’m at a New Kids
on The Block concert, but this is amazing. Here is the link: ViewSonic
This tool is fantastic for all students and all learning levels.
So what did I learn from the article? Well, my district can use a tech conference like the one
in Chino Hills. So, if you’re from Chino Hills and enjoy the snowy, icy, and cold
Northeastern winters,please come to my school district and teach us about your
technology (you can bring one of those ViewSonics).
I’ll bring the hot cocoa.
in Chino Hills. So, if you’re from Chino Hills and enjoy the snowy, icy, and cold
Northeastern winters,please come to my school district and teach us about your
technology (you can bring one of those ViewSonics).
I’ll bring the hot cocoa.
Marks, D. (2018). Champion Newspapers. District dedicates more tech to teaching. Retrieved from http://www.championnewspapers.com/news/article_5bdf981c-0deb-11e8-8f82-171bbc32339a.html

Tommasina,
ReplyDeleteSurprisingly enough I have a teacher in my school with a Smartboard very similar if not the same as the one you talked about in your blog. She is one of our Technology Coordinators for the district and because of this also has a class set of Chromebooks for her class. Also, as I talked about in my blog this week she uses a flipped classroom model. This is where the whole group instruction is done at home where the students review videos on a content area and then they do the small group practice instruction in the classroom based on the students’ needs. With all that being said it was refreshing to hear that in a world full of technology that teachers are still proven to be needed. Also, I would love to be able to incorporate more technology as my colleague does in her classroom and as you noted in your blog. Thanks for sharing,
Sam